Today at MacWorld Apple released their new iLife 09′ suite of applications. They have added quite a few features to iMovie such as image stabilization, geo tagging and different film styles. iPhoto receives geo tagging and facial recognition, which recognizes faces ad allows you to tag them. Finally, Garageband was updated to include music lessons from various stars such as Sting, Norah Jones and Sarah McLachlan. The app ships free with all new Macs and is $79 for single user and $99 for the family pack.
Organize and search your photos in new ways.
* Easily find photos of the people in your life using Faces.
* Explore your library based on where you took each photo using Places.
* Instantly create stunning slideshows with animated titles and multiphoto layouts.
* Publish photos directly to Facebook and Flickr™ with a click.
* Create travel-themed photo books complete with custom maps.
See what’s new in iPhoto ’09
Watch the iPhoto ’09 Guided Tour video
Create a movie in minutes or edit your masterpiece.
* Fine-tune your movies with the new Precision Editor.
* Use enhanced drag-and-drop to easily edit your projects in just a few clicks.
* Smooth shaky clips with automatic video stabilization.
* Apply themes to an entire project with matching titles and transitions.
* Add eye-catching animated maps to your travel videos with a few clicks.
* Choose animated titles, new transitions, and cinema-quality video effects.
See what’s new in iMovie ’09
Watch the iMovie ’09 Guided Tour video
Learn to play. Start a jam session. Record and mix your own songs.
* Learn to play piano or guitar at your own pace, with interactive lessons that combine video instruction with animated notation and instrument views.
* Let leading artists – including Sting, Fall Out Boy, and Colbie Caillat – teach you how to play their hit songs, then practice along with the band².
* Play and record with new guitar amps and stompbox effects.
* Jam with virtual instruments in Magic GarageBand using a new full-screen view that lets you mix, play along, and record.
See what’s new in GarageBand ’09
Design, publish, and update your own websites – no HTML required.
* Easily add YouTube videos, RSS feeds, iSight videos, and other dynamic content to your web pages.
* Link your iWeb site to your Facebook account and automatically notify friends when you update your site.
* Use built-in FTP publishing with virtually any web-hosting service.
* Easily manage multiple websites and publish one site at a time using MobileMe or FTP.
See what’s new in iWeb ’09
Turn your home movies and slideshows into gorgeous Hollywood-style DVDs.
* Get started quickly with Apple-designed themes featuring animated menus.
* Author customized DVDs with a range of options for customizing menu screens.
* Combine video and photos for stunning, high-quality slideshows.
Learn more about iDVD
* Mac OS X v10.5.6 Leopard or later.
* Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (867MHz or faster) processor.; iMovie requires an Intel-based Mac, Power Mac G5 (dual 2.0GHz or faster), or iMac G5 (1.9GHz or faster); GarageBand Learn to Play requires an Intel-based Mac with a dual-core processor or better.
* 512MB of RAM; 1GB recommended. High-definition video requires at least 1GB of RAM.
* Approximately 4GB of available disk space.
* DVD drive required for installation.
* QuickTime 7.5.5 or later (included).
* AVCHD video requires a Mac with an Intel-based Core Duo processor or better. Visit iMovie ’09 Camcorder Support for details on digital video device and format support.
* 24-bit recording in GarageBand requires a Mac OS X compatible audio interface with support for 24-bit audio. Please consult the owners manual or manufacturer directly for audio device specification and compatibility.
* Burning DVDs requires an Apple SuperDrive or compatible third-party DVD burner.
* Some features require Internet access and/or MobileMe; additional fees and terms apply.
See additional requirements and details.
What’s in the Box
* DVD with iPhoto ’09, iMovie ’09, GarageBand ’09, iWeb ’09, iDVD, and QuickTime 7.5.5
* Printed and electronic documentation
1. The Family Pack Software License Agreement allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple software on up to a maximum of five (5) Apple-labeled computers at a time as long as those computers are located in the same household and used by persons who occupy that household. By "household" we mean a person or persons who share the same housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home, or condominium, including students who are primary residents of that household but reside at a separate on-campus location. This license does not extend to business or commercial users.
2. GarageBand Artist Lessons are sold separately and are available directly through the GarageBand Lesson Store in selected countries.
iPhoto print products are available in the U.S. Canada, Japan, and select countries in European and Asia Pacific.
Flickr service is only available in select countries.