Apple has updated iWork today at MacWorld. In Keynote, you can set up objects in slides, and the software will do the work in moving objects between slides. With magic move, it’ll transition whichever object you want automatically, like rotating and resizing. There are also new transitions for you keynote, such as "crane move", which shows you fly around your slide and land in front of you.
You can now buy Keynote Remote for iPhone and iPod Touch which allows remote keynote presentations on said device.
For Pages, Apple has added an outline view, which allows you to put down you outline prior to writing your document.
For numbers there is Mail Merge, which can connect with tables and lists in Numbers. They have added new Table categories and 250 functions (with function view), which has the appropriate mouseovers and color coding to make things easier to understand. Advanced chart options, like mixed chart types, multiple axis charts, trend lines, and error bars.
There are 40 new themes and features in which customers have said they wanted. They wanted to focus on their consumer feedback and have finally delivered.
iWork ships today and is $79 for one license or $99 for a family license of 5. You can also buy it with a new Mac for just $49.
Pages ’09 New Features
Creating the perfect brochure, flyer, report, or resume is faster and easier than ever.
* Choose from 40 new Apple-designed templates (over 180 total).
* Focus on your writing with new full-screen view.
* Organize your ideas with dynamic outlines.
* Customize your documents using mail merge with Numbers.
* Insert equations with MathType 6 (sold separately).
* Create bibliographies with EndNote X2 (sold separately).
* Open, save, and email Microsoft Word files from within Pages.
Learn more about Pages ’09
Pages ’09 icon
Numbers ’09 New Features
Create spreadsheets, organize data, and write formulas with simple yet powerful tools.
* Easily create formulas, using visual placeholders with plain language text.
* Perform calculations using over 250 functions.
* Organize your data instantly using Table Categories.
* Check your calculations at a glance with Formula List view.
* Create two-axis charts and combine line, column, and area series in a single mixed chart.
* Choose from twelve new Apple-designed templates (30 total).
* Open, save, and email Microsoft Excel files from within Numbers.
Learn more about Numbers ’09
Pages ’09 icon
Keynote ’09 New Features
Now creating a show-stopping presentation is surprisingly simple.
* Easily create sophisticated animations with Magic Move.
* Add dramatic object and text transitions using new visual effects.
* Visualize your data with new styles and animations for 3D charts.
* Dramatically reduce file size without compromising quality.
* Create dynamic flowcharts and diagrams using connection lines.
* Choose from eight new Apple-designed themes (44 total).
* Open, save, and email Microsoft Powerpoint files from within Keynote.
Learn more about Keynote ’09
* Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (500MHz or faster) processor
* 512MB of RAM; 1GB recommended
* Approximately 1.2GB of available disk space
* 32MB of video memory
* Mac OS X v10.4.11 or Mac OS X 10.5.6 or later
* QuickTime 7.5.5 or later
* DVD drive required to install
* Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms apply
Compatibility and Sharing
iWork ’09 makes it easy to exchange documents with anyone.
* Open Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files in iWork.
* Save your iWork document as a Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file.
* Email your document as an iWork, Office, or PDF file from within iWork.
* Share your work on iWork.com, Apple’s new document-sharing service, now available as a Public Beta. (Apple ID and email account required to publish documents and use the publisher link.)
What’s in the Box
* DVD containing Keynote, Pages, Numbers, fonts, themes, and templates
* Printed and electronic documentation
*The Family Pack Software License Agreement allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple software on up to a maximum of five (5) Apple-labeled computers at a time as long as those computers are located in the same household and used by persons who occupy that household. By “household” we mean a person or persons who share the same housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home, or condominium, including students who are primary residents of that household but reside at a separate on-campus location. This license does not extend to business or commercial users