There were some rumblings from various sites today that WebOS1.3.5 may be coming today. The update is here and is being pushed to your device as we type this. The update comes in at just 13MB, but has some significat fixes for those of you using WebOS.
- App limit fixed.
- App Catalog downloads continue even after leaving the app’s page.
- App purchases have been expanded to US territories (sorry Europe, Canada, etc).
- Switching between days in Calendar is now faster.
- Sprint Navigation can be launched from a Contact.
- Palm Profile app restores happen in the background, letting the user get to the phone faster.
- Future webOS updates can be downloaded over 2G wireless (1xRTT).
- Notifications now work in landscape mode (which has strangely lost the rounded corners).
- Improvement in battery life optimization when in marginal coverage areas.
- QCELP capability fix to allow play and audio of video sent via MMS.
- Launch Google Maps or Sprint Nav when tapping an address from contacts.
- Minimized package of MR size through binary difference. Customers can now download over 2G connections if necessary.
This will probably be the last update before any new announcements by Palm at the upcoming CES Expo in Las Vegas shortly. An interesting tidbit to note is that some who have scoured over the code have found pengles.ipk and opengles-omap3.ipk, which are what you need to get GPU acceleration running. Happy updating!